- Information Free Fly Collects
- (a) When you purchase performance bamboo apparel and/or other Free Fly products from our Site, as part of the buying and selling process, Free Fly collects personal information that you provide us, such as your name, address and email address.
- (b) When you browse our Site, Free Fly also automatically receives your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps Free Fly learn about your browser and operating system.
- (c) Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, Free Fly may send you emails about our Site, new products and other updates.
- (d) If you choose to interact with Free Fly via a social media platform or other third party service, Free Fly will collect the information you have provided us though that platform.
- (e) If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, Free Fly will collect your name and email address, as well as other content included in your email to Free Fly, in order for us to respond.
- (f) Free Fly may receive personal or anonymous data about you from certain third parties, such as demographic information from Facebook tools. Free Fly may add this information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the services we provide.
- (a) Free Fly obtains your consent when you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- (b) If Free Fly asks for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- (c) You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that Free Fly holds about you in our records.
- (d) If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for Free Fly to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 1-888-314-9803, or mailing us at: Free Fly Fishing Company, LLC, 711 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29403, United States.
- (a) Free Fly may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
- (b) Free Fly may disclose certain information in order to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of its assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Free Fly about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- (a) Our Site is hosted on Shopify, Inc. Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows Free Fly to sell products and services to you.
- (b) Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- (c) Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- (d) All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- (e) PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- (f) For more information, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here
- Third-Party Services
- (a) Free Fly may share your personal information with third parties, including advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks, marketing partners, our corporate affiliates and service providers for a business or commercial purpose. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- (b) In general, the third-party providers used by Free Fly will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to Free Fly.
- (c) However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information Free Fly is required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- (d) For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- (e) In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or Free Fly. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- (f) As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- (h) Pinterest: Our Site uses the Pinterest Tag to track behavior.
- (i) Third-Party Links: When you click links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- (a) To protect your personal information, Free Fly takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- (b) If you provide Free Fly with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognize your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
We may also collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third-party partners. These partners may also combine your email information with other information they have access to such as a mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via email and direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please contact email@example.com to opt out.
There are two broad categories of cookies: (1) First party cookies, service directly by Free Fly to your computer or mobile device. These cookies are only used by Free Fly to recognize your computer or mobile device when you revisit our Site; and (2) Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Site, and can be used by the third party to recognize your computer or mobile devise when you visit our Site. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics, such as Google Analytics, or advertising purposes.
Free Fly’s Site serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of our Site. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of our Site.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Site and the pages that they visited on our Site.
We use this information to help run our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our site.
When you visit our Site or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Site, if any, these cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
These cookies are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. The cookies remember that you have visited a site and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other websites and platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other websites and platforms.
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from our Site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” feature).
- Age of Consent
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of resident state, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of resident state and you have given Free Fly your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this Site.
Last Updated: October 27, 2020
- Categories of Personal Information Collected
Free Fly’s Site automatically collects following categories of personal information as set-forth in Section 1 and Section 7 above – Information Free Fly Collects; Cookies.
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Sharing Personal Information
Free Fly may collect and share personal information for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes as set forth in Section 2, Section 3, Section 4 and Section 5 above.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the last 12 months, Free Fly may have shared with third parties, for a business or commercial purpose, the types of personal information set-forth in Section 1 and Section 7 above.
- Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, Free Fly has not sold any personal information. The CCPA defines a “sale” of personal information as the disclosure, sharing, or making available of a consumer’s personal information by a business to another business or third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Although Free Fly is not in the business of selling your personal information, you may opt-out of the sale of your personal information by contacting Free Fly’s compliance officer below.
- California Consumer Rights
California consumers that are California residents have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information Free Fly has collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period. You may also request additional details about our personal information collection practices as set forth above. If you are a California consumer and a California resident, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions) as set forth in Section 8 below and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
You have the right to request that Free Fly delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Your request must include sufficient information that allows Free Fly to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Free Fly collected personal information, which may include your email address, name and account id (which is required only if you already have an account with Free Fly). Once Free Fly receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
- Other California Privacy Rights
In addition to the CCPA, the California Civil Code (Ca. Civ. Code § 1798.83) permits California residents with whom Free Fly has an established business relationship to request that we provide you with a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the last 12 months. To make such a request, please contact Free Fly’s compliance officer below and mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 1-888-314-9803, or by mail at Free Fly Fishing Company, LLC.