Here at Free Fly, we're all about getting out in the community and giving back. We enjoy working with local food banks, water keepers, and conservation groups in the Holy City (Check out a few photos below).
And as we approach the season of giving, we encourage you to take some time to do good, spend time together, and help others in your community. So we rounded up a few organizations to support this holiday season through your time and resources.
National Charitable Organizations:
Check out how you can support these national organizations for seasonal volunteering events and year-round opportunities.
- Ensure the health and conservation of our marine resources and anglers' access to them.
- Support their mission to protecting Florida's most valuable resource: water.
- Find your local chapter and help make clean water available to all.
- It's truly rewarding to get to see the work that you're doing alongside the person that is going to live in the house. For warmer areas, like Charleston, you can actually still build in the winter too!
- This is an impactful non-profit that serves military families. Many of the locations have holiday programming for kids who have parents that are serving our country. Check in with your local USO to see what opportunities may be available near you.
- If you have one in your city, these are great centers to support the learning and creativity of children. Additionally, many offer volunteer opportunities to help with programing, events, and more.
"Adopt a Family"
- Shop for gifts for families who struggle to provide gifts for their children. Often offered through a local Salvation Army or other charitable organizations.
- These centers typically go into overdrive in the holiday season and it's a great way to get out food out to families in need.
- Donate your time or materials to support those in your community who need it.
Local Charleston Organizations:
Did you know volunteering can be just as beneficial to you as it is for those you're helping out? Getting out and doing good has been shown by psychologists to help with stress, anxiety, and depression. And, our beloved hometown, Charleston, is full of great local organizations to support. For those that are in the area, here are a few to check out.
- The South Carolina Oyster Restoration and Enhancement Program is a community-based habitat restoration and monitoring program.
- Based out of North Charleston, this impactful non-profit helps provide clean water solutions in developing countries and disaster areas.
- Help build wheelchair ramps for low income households.
- Assist the needy with clothes, food, health care, jobs, housing and more.
- Already sounds like fun, doesn't it?
- Share some Lowcountry love at our local Food Bank